Of the many reasons that most of the 40 million Americans struggling with addiction will not get the help they need, convenience is among the most common. It is an unfortunate truth that most Americans simply do not feel that they can take time out of their busy lives to get the treatment they need for their drug or alcohol problem. This is one of the many reasons that telehealth treatment options for substance abuse have been gaining popularity in recent years. And in this time of global health crisis, telehealth services are especially important to the health of both patients and healthcare providers. If you or someone you care about is suffering at the hands of a substance abuse problem, the telehealth program at GIA Miami is here to help.
Telehealth Services in Our Addiction Treatment Programs
Not everyone can take time away from the responsibilities of work and family to commit to a full-time, residential treatment program. And the fact is, not everyone needs to do so. The good news is that in the telehealth services program at GIA Miami, you will get the same standard of care than you would receive in a more intensive face-to-face program. But you will get it while you are living at home, working, and fulfilling your other responsibilities.
Among the telehealth treatment options we offer at GIA are:
- HIPAA-compliant video conferencing. Meet with our world-renowned team of therapists and clinicians virtually. It is more convenient and offers the same high standard of care that you would receive in our in-person program.
- Web-, app-, and telephone-based treatment support. As a patient at GIA, the help you need is only a click or a call away.
- Educational outreach and YouTube. Patients at GIA are invited to take advantage of a broad range of educational materials developed by our medical staff. These include online classes, a variety of recovery-specific content on our YouTube channel, and other remote learning opportunities.
If you feel that you or someone you care about could benefit from these types of services, don’t hesitate to reach out to GIA today.
The Benefits of Telehealth Services at GIA
There are many advantages to participating in one or more of the telehealth services offered in our addiction treatment program. Among these are:
- Telemedicine is less expensive than other kinds of care for the simple reason that it lacks a face-to-face component. This is often the case even when you receive the same range of treatments that you would in a face-to-face program.
- Because you will be participating in your recovery virtually, you will have more freedom to develop healthy routines and pursue healthy interests outside of the program. Doing so is a critical part of avoiding relapse.
- And because your recovery will be on your own time, there is a higher chance that you will be able to develop a more extensive social support network outside of our facility, where it matters the most.
Finally, participating in a telehealth program will allow you to attend school, work, and fulfill family and social obligations, all while maintaining your privacy.
Contact the Outpatient Treatment Program at GIA Miami to Learn More
When you suffer from a substance abuse problem, your addiction overshadows every aspect of your life. It becomes the center of everything you do as you become more isolated from the people and things that once gave you joy. If you are looking for a program that can help you take back control of your life, consider learning more about the telehealth services at GIA. Our world-renowned staff of healthcare specialists is here to help. We are just a call or click away. Contact us online today or call 833.713.0828.