The recent COVID-19 pandemic has caused a myriad of harmful, long-term effects in thousands of people, severely affecting their well-being and daily functioning. These effects can persist long after the acute infection has subsided. When we think of the impacts of COVID-19, we tend to think of the physical symptoms of the disease. The mental and psychological symptoms that accompany these parts of the disease can be extremely harmful, however. The anxiety that comes with lost employment, the depression following the illness or loss of a loved one, the negative emotional impacts of weeks of isolation, and the general uncertainty about our futures are just a few of these symptoms.
If you or someone you care about is experiencing negative psychological effects of the pandemic, the mental health and addiction specialists in the Post-Pandemic Wellness Center at GIA Miami can help.
To learn more about GIA Miami’s COVID-19 mental wellness program, reach out to us today at 833.713.0828.
The Post-Pandemic Wellness Center at GIA Miami
Researchers are only just beginning to explore the adverse effects on mental wellness that have come with this pandemic, and we are proud to say that the team at GIA’s COVID-19 mental wellness program is at the forefront of this research. We have discovered that as this public health crisis has continued, many people have reported severe effects on their mental abilities, such as:
- Decreased concentration and mental focus
- Difficulty maintaining attention
- Memory impairment
- Increased fatigue
- Panic attacks
- Anhedonia and low motivation
- Increased stress, excessive worrying, and fear
- Agitation, restlessness, and irritability
Additionally, as a result of the above, people are increasingly turning to drugs and alcohol.
To many, these symptoms seem minor, or like something that an individual should be able to overcome on their own. But without professional help, situations that involve the above can quickly worsen. At their worst, such cases can mean psychological and psychosocial damage that can follow patients throughout their lives. If you are experiencing any of the above, the COVID-19 recovery program at GIA is here to offer guidance, support, and treatment.
What to Expect in Our Post-Pandemic Wellness Center
In the COVID-19 mental wellness center, we offer a full complement of psychotherapeutic approaches. Among these are:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – The most commonly used psychotherapeutic approach, cognitive-behavioral therapy is an evidence-based approach that can help you change your thoughts and behavior patterns while helping you build healthy coping skills.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – DBT uses some principles that are similar to those of CBT but provides a more in-depth focus on regulating your emotions, working through adversity and difficult moments, and overall mindfulness.
- Group therapy sessions – Group therapy at GIA lets you find perspective in the presence of peers and build a network of support.
- Family therapy – Rebuild relationships with family members through therapist-led sessions.
- Addiction-specific therapy – The addiction specialists at GIA address addiction to different substances or activities in different ways. We currently have addiction-specific treatment plans that address cocaine addiction, opiate addiction, alcohol addiction, nicotine addiction, and gambling addiction, among others.
- Mood and anxiety disorder treatment – These treatment modalities are designed to address depression, anxiety, PTSD, and a host of other mood and anxiety disorders.
- Aftercare – We support clients even after they leave our mental wellness programs by planning for the future and connecting them to our extensive alumni network.
Because we offer such a broad range of therapeutic approaches, in the COVID-19 recovery program, we make a point of tailoring each program to the needs of the individual patient. And all of the above are available remotely through our comprehensive telehealth program. In this way, we can ensure that you get the help you need.
Reach Out to GIA Miami Today
At GIA, our world-class mental wellness team is ready to help you to systematically address your mental health or addiction issues. Our mission is to work with you to create a science-based, personalized wellness program to help you regain your ideal mental wellness and achieve optimal functioning in your daily life. To learn more, contact the COVID-19 recovery program at GIA Miami online, or call 833.713.0828.